A to Z Guide
WELCOME BACK - What to Expect
Complimentary wheelchair escorts are available upon request at any entry point of Nationwide Arena - arrangements do not need to be made in advance. The escort will take guests as close as possible to their seat and coordinate pick up after the event. Escort staff will not remain with you or allow you to remain in our wheelchair for the duration of the event.
Service Animals as defined by the American Disabilities Association are the only animals permitted in Nationwide Arena.
Complete information about accessibility services including sign interpretation, arena access, purchasing accessible tickets, wheelchair companion seating and accessible parking can be found on the Accessibility Page.
Sales of alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21 are strictly prohibited. Nationwide Arena vendors are required to ask every purchaser of an alcoholic beverage (regardless of age) for a valid driver’s license or identification card. We ID everyone 40 and under.
In accordance with Ohio law, Delaware North Sportservice will only accept Ohio Driver’s Licenses, ID Cards issued by the Ohio Department of Public Safety for guests who do not drive, driver’s licenses from other states/ Canada that can be validated OR valid Military ID’s or Passports. Delaware North Sportservice reserves the right to refuse service to any guest.
Assisted Listening Devices
Headsets and receivers for our multi-channel LPB Radio-Aide are available for most events free of charge at Guest Services, located across from Section 111 on the main concourse. Guests will be required to leave valid identification, such as a driver’s license, as collateral. Devices only carry in house feed/commentary (i.e. no play by play for CBJ games).
Headsets and receivers will be disinfected/ cleaned after each use.
As a general rule, guests do not have the opportunity to obtain autographs from athletes or artists. For some concert tours or at certain designated games, special autograph sessions may be set up in the concourse.
LIMITED Bag Policy
Bags are generally NOT permitted.
There is an exception for medical bags, diaper bags OR clutches no larger than 8”x 5”x 1”.
Medical bags, diaper bags AND clutches will be X-rayed via dedicated screening lines (identified at each entry) - a contactless step that replaces a manual search.
Video cameras, professional cameras with detachable or zoom lenses, GoPros, selfie sticks, and tripods are prohibited. Point and shoot cameras, with a non-detachable lens, are typically permitted. Concerts will have their own tour policy - call 614-246-2000 to verify for a specific event. At no time may photography interfere with other guests’ enjoyment.
Nationwide Arena has converted to a cashless experience from ticketing to concessions and merchandise. Purchases can be made with a debit OR credit card. Concessions stands and the Team Shop also accept mobile wallet options like Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Cash-2-Card Reverse ATM’s are located at the Box Office, Main Concourse and Upper Concourse where you may exchange cash for a no fee debit VISA card. Cards can be used wherever VISA is accepted and do not expire.
Child Ticket Policy
For Columbus Blue Jackets games, children ages 2 and over are required to have a ticket for admission but must sit on the lap of their parent/guardian. For most Concerts and Special Events, a child under 2 years old does not need a ticket but we recommended you call 614-246-2000 before you buy as some family shows have policies requiring tickets for those under 2 years old.
Code of Conduct/ Expectations
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect you; however, an inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases such as COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. Protocols will evolve according to changing standards and public health directives. Failure to comply with health and safety measures may result in removal from Nationwide Arena.
Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Guidelines
Official NHL COVID-19 Policy
Guests are expected to act responsibly and be considerate of others. Clothing or garments deemed offensive (determined at the exclusive discretion of management) will not be permitted. Guests engaging in behavior including but not limited to profane or abusive language, intoxication, and fighting/ throwing objects may be ejected without refund and are subject to arrest. CLICK HERE - NHL FAN CODE of CONDUCT
Please note that we enact/ follow contractual obligations from most concert/ event promoters on a variety of policies from building temperature to camera policy to volume settings.
Concessions/ Food & Beverage
Enhanced safety protocols are being implemented in food service areas. Some items will be individually packaged with condiments provided upon request.
Gluten Friendly and Vegan friendly items are available. Ask Guest Services for details.
Concession stands and bars are cashless. Purchases can be made with a debit /credit card, or mobile pay. Reverse ATMs are available in the Box Office, Main Concourse and Upper Concourse.
Drop Off / Pick Up Locations
Please use West Street for guest drop off or pick-up.
Family Amenities including Nursing Rooms
- Changing Stations - available in all restrooms including disposable covers.
- Family Restrooms - Nationwide Arena offers family restrooms in the main concourse near sections 101, 110, 118 and on the upper concourse near sections 206, 221, 228.
- Nursing Rooms - located on the Main Concourse at section 105/106 and on the Upper Concourse at section 206. Both rooms offer privacy for parents or guardians that need to take care of a child. The rooms feature a glider, changing table, diapers and a bottle warmer. To request access – stop at the Guest Services Desks located at section 111 on the Main Concourse OR section 208 on the Upper Concourse or ask any staff member.
- Quiet Room - For special accommodation requests, please call 614-246-2000.
- Gluten Friendly and Vegan friendly food & beverage items are available at concession stands - Ask Guest Services for details.
OhioHealth provides first aid and paramedic services for all events at Nationwide Arena. First-aid rooms are located on the main concourse outside Section 120 or on the upper concourse outside Section 206.
Lost & Found
During an event, lost items can be dropped at the Guest Services Desk across from section 111. If the lost item is not found during the event, guests may contact security lost & found at 614-246-4632 to inquire.
There are no designated smoking areas within Nationwide Arena. Fans who exit the venue to smoke will not be permitted re-entry.
Prohibited Items / Security Screenings
Bags are generally NOT permitted. There is an exception for medical bags, diaper bags OR clutches no larger than 8”x 5”x 1”. Medical bags, diaper bags AND clutches will be X-rayed via dedicated screening lines identified at each entry - a contactless step that replaces a manual search.
Walk-thru security screenings will be in place. In addition to the LIMITED BAG policy, the following items are prohibited:
- All bags outside of Limited Bag Policy parameters (including but not limited to clear bags, backpacks, fanny packs, binocular cases, purses, string or ‘cinch’ bags, messenger bags, crossbody bags, camera bags, briefcases, grocery bags, roll bags, duffle or other bags)
- Animals, except service animals assisting Guests with disabilities as defined by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Banners, flags, posters, and signs that interfere with the view of other Guests
- Clothing featuring profane, inappropriate, or abusive language
- Containers (including but not limited to hard or soft-sided coolers, ice chests, picnic baskets, cans, heavy plastic or glass bottles, thermoses)
- Confetti, streamers, glitter or other projectiles
- Drones or model aircraft
- Firearms – Possession of a weapon or firearm in Nationwide Arena is strictly forbidden. Possession of a weapon will result in confiscation, ejection and possible arrest.
- Fireworks or explosives
- Food and Beverages
- Illegal drugs
- Inflatables (balls, balloons, etc.)
- Laptops or Tablets
- Laser Pointers or similar products
- Markers or Paint
- Noisemaking devices (including but not limited to whistles, air horns, bull horns, blow horns, musical instruments, kazoos, bugles, cow bells, thunder sticks, sirens, milk jugs with rocks or coins, and stereos)
- Professional still or video cameras (no detachable lenses, monopods / tripods or extended battery packs
- Sticks, Poles, Pipes or Selfie sticks
- Stickers or products with adhesives that could damage surfaces
- Strollers or wagons not designated to assist a Guest with a medical condition
- Umbrellas (golf style) or with a pointed tip. Small collapsible umbrellas are permitted.
- Weapons or items that mimic weapons including but not limited to: aerosol cans, mace, pepper spray, lighters, matches, firearms, including CCW permit holders, fireworks, pocket knives, knives, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, martial arts weapons, stun guns, squirt guns, super soakers, tools and chains OR any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
- Wrapped gifts / packages
Management reserves the sole right to determine prohibited items/ policy including determination that something poses a safety hazard or diminishes the enjoyment of an event for other Guests. Nationwide Arena cannot safeguard personal items. If prohibited or offensive items are found, guests may return them to their vehicle or surrender the item to Security without return. Vending, peddling, product sampling, flyer posting or any form of solicitation is prohibited in and around Nationwide Arena.
Guests are expected to act responsibly and be considerate of others. Clothing or garments deemed offensive (determined at exclusive discretion of Management) will not be permitted. Guests engaging in behavior including but not limited to profane or abusive language, intoxication, and fighting/ throwing objects may be ejected without refund and are subject to arrest.
CLICK HERE - NHL FAN CODE of CONDUCT
Please note that we enact/ follow contractual obligations from event promoters on a variety of policies from building temperature to sound volume to camera policy.
Sensory Inclusion Packs
Sensory Inclusion packs are available located at the Guest Services Desks located at section 111 on the Main Concourse AND section 208 on the Upper Concourse.
Packs are intended to reduce the impact of the in-person experience that may be overwhelming to some guests and include items such as fidget toys, a weighted lap pad, sunglasses, non-verbal cards, and noise-reducing headphones.
Guests taking a Sensory Inclusion Pack will be asked to leave a driver’s license as collateral. All packs will be disinfected after every use.